Friday, June 6, 2008

No Dynamite Here Folks

Scene: Very early on a work day in a tiny apartment bathroom, no windows.
LaDeDah (into the mirror): Oi, I should call in sick. 
No, bad girl you have to go to work and shape young minds. 
BUT I DONT WANT TO!
You have to. What kind of example are you setting?
The kind that says, "become a teacher and get 12 sick days to use to your heart's content." Really I'm promoting my profession. 
Are you through? Brush your teeth and suck it up, you're going to school. 
grumble, grumble grumble (LaDeDah commences brushing her teeth)
Mr. Onion (coming to the door): Are you almost finished? I need to blow up the bathroom.
LaDeDah: You need to do wha... oh... I'll be done in a minute.
(LaDeDah begins to frantically stockpile the day's beauty supplies. The bathroom will be unfit for humans for a good half hour)

Later that day...
LaDeDah: Yeah, so I have to go home and blog about the phrase, "Blow up the bathroom."
BossLady (looks to the board where one of the students has recently written the rule, "what happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom."):Who said that?
LaDeDah: Mr. Onion, this morning while I was brushing my teeth.
BossLady:Well it's nice to know the romance isn't dead.

End Scene

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i heartily laughed out loud when i read this. I am now patiently waiting for the 2nd Act.