Thursday, June 12, 2008

cranky cranky

This is the last full week of school. With humidity it was 108 here on tuesday. I had recess duty and an impertinent child taunted me as  I slathered on nuclear strength sun screen. I consoled myself with the knowledge of what her skin, now a youthful brown, would look like at fifty. On monday one of my kids looked at me and said, "You know what I realized on the bus? There are more kids than adults so we could take over." It was then I decided the learning was through and have been concentrating on staving off a mutiny ever since. And then there are the adults. Anyone have any idea how hard it is to deal with 50 people who have either checked out or give you a shit eating smile to our face and talk about you behind your back? It is a constant reminder of why I like kids.  And then there is the little fact that some.... bovine... has decided that she isn't happy with any of her choices for job for next year, so she's taking mine. And even though I am the person that the teacher and the special ed director want for the job she has more seniority so she gets to go where she wants, and then she has the GALL to bitch about the job!! MY JOB!! I also have to chaperone two different field trips, both to the beach where I will have to bare skin in front of adolescents or risk heat stroke. I know, I know, bitch bitch bitch. 

No comments: