Sunday, March 3, 2013

Winter Getaway




In January Mr. Onion and I were having a conversation we have pretty frequently around here, it goes something like this; 
Mr. Onion: I'm tired
Me: Yeah you should be you've been up since 4, done the chores, spent 8 hours cutting wood, then did the chores again, spent time with your mother, etc, etc. 
Mr. Onion: Huh...
Me: You need a vacation! This is just crazy! (thinking) You know you took 3 days off in all of 2012?
Mr.Onion: No, it had to have been more than that. 
Me: No. (Ticking them on my fingers) Our anniversary, Ryann's wedding, Fryeburg Fair.
Mr. Onion:  Oh, I guess you're right. 

End Scene

A short while later I decided to put my foot down/ trick the Onionator into taking a little break/ sneak in a little break of my own,  by giving him a two night getaway for his birthday. Since Mr. Onion's birthday fell during my February break we scheduled our trip for then and spent 2 chilly, snowy nights and 3 chilly, glistening days in beautiful Bradford, NH. Bradford is a teeny tiny town in the Mt. Sunapee region of NH surrounded by other tiny town each with their own small cluster of restaurants and shops surrounded by rolling mountains and scenic farms. We stayed in the honeymoon suite of a place called the Rosewood Country Inn
It was glorious! 


































We slept in. We ate breakfast. We took a nap or read. We drove around and explored until we found a good place for lunch. Then, we drove back to the inn and took another nap, got dressed and went to dinner, only to return to the inn for more lounging.










Mr. Onion remarked that some may think it sad that our idea of a fabulous vacation is lots of sleep, and food, and driving to see where this road leads. While it certainly isn't the full itinerary of the expeditions of my youth, in my opinion, sometimes a good dose of rest and relaxation is worth every penny. 







No comments: